Monday, January 2, 2012

Close To You

"Just like me, they long to be, close to you." ~from the song Close To You by The Carpenters

We arrived home early this afternoon to a very lonely Bella. Even though she had a visitor each day, it occurs to me this is likely the first time she's been alone for any significant amount of time since she was found abandoned as a kitten.

: (

I don't blame her for literally chasing me through the house every time I left the room for the rest of the day.

We decided T should go get Trooper by himself while I stayed home with Bella.

A while later, when Trooper was home, and it was nap time : ) we all snuggled up together.

And the unthinkable happened.

Bella, who was laying on my chest, got up, turned around, crept down my legs to get closer to her puppy...

...and began licking Trooper's ear.

I held my breath.

Once Trooper realized what was happening, she raised her head, looked Bella in the eye regarding her closely...

...and put her head back down.

No harm, no foul.

I have to say, I expected something. Anything.

Instead?

Nothing.

Between you and me, I think she kind of liked it.

I know Bella missed Trooper.

Maybe, just maybe, Trooper missed Bella, too.

New adventures for a new year...//

No comments:

Post a Comment